Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Claire Catch Up

Somehow the days are flying by and suddenly the month of May is coming to a close.

Two months ago my baby looked like this:
Baby girl is growing like a weed.  She is already fitting into 6-12 month clothes at 5 months.  At her four month appointment she was 13 lbs 2 oz and 25.75" long (the 93rd percentile!)  We thought she was a quiet little thing, always to be drowned out by her talkative big brother, but Claire has a set of lungs on her!  She will give James a run for his money for sure once she is really talking. 

She is still nursing, I am just not ready to give up yet, even though there are days my body is telling me different.  I love the time with her (especially in the morning), the way she wraps her body around mine, the way she rubs her eyes when she is trying to wake her self up, or is so tired she can hardly keep eating.  We supplement with formula a couple ounces of her 6 ounce bottles during the day. 

 her eyes are so blue, with lovely long lashes!


Claire is rolling over front to back and back to front now.  We unswaddled her just in time this past month.  She loves to sleep on her tummy and has her self flipped over by the time I go to check on her before I go to bed.  She has done a pretty good job of sleeping through the night since about 12 weeks.  Lately she is up several time at night, usually just needing her paci replaced, but sometimes it can be quite an ordeal.  She has been a drooling mess, always chewing on her hands for at least a month, but still no teeth. I have to think that she is teething...James had two teeth at this point!  James was super fussy at night as well when he was teething, so hopefully those suckers poke through soon! 

Claire will sit up with assistance right now, but it won't be long until she finds her balance.  She definitely prefers to play with soft toys, like her taggie blanket, butterfly and lamb.  She is full of laughs when James plays with rattles with her and sings silly songs. 

Claire loves to be upright, so we pulled out the exersaucer for her.  She loves it! 

Miss Claire has been a wonderful addition to our family; she completes us.  I miscarried a baby before becoming pregnant with Claire.  My mom shared something my aunt had told her when she miscarried, and subsequently had my cousin.  She knew that the baby she miscarried wasn't meant to be, that if she hadn't miscarried that she wouldn't have the daughter she has today.  I totally know what she means.  As hard as that miscarriage was to accept, Claire was meant for me, for us.  I couldn't imagine our lives without her. 

No comments: