Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

The end of 2008 was spent much the same as the end of 2007, driving back from Kansas. Although this trip we didn't get stuck in a major snow storm (last year we rang in the new year in a hotel room with a one-month old James and Sydney). Being the lame parents we are now, I was asleep on the couch by 9:00 and Chris didn't make it to midnight either. Oh well!

I don't usually make resolutions, but this year I am. It is a three-pronged resolution: Simplicity, Health and Joy. I hope to track my progress here on the blog, because resolutions need accountability otherwise they will just fall apart.

Simplicity: Simplify and organize our home (everything should have a place, and everything should be in its place), our finances (I have some bold ideas that I need to run by Chris before throwing them out here) and my life so I can spend what quality time I have at home with my family versus running around.

Health: Physical Health (I haven't had a true physical since probably high school), Mental Health (see Joy), and Spiritual Health

Joy: finding and embracing the joy as a mother, a wife, an employee; to live life joyously in 2009!

Happy New Year!

No comments: