Tuesday, May 28, 2013

September Recap

Good grief, at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to wrap up 2012 before 2013 comes to a close.  The good thing is I didn't take any pictures between Disney and May so I'm only about five months behind in terms of photos.   

Back it on up, we're talking about September! We road-tripped it to KC (oh, yes, we did!) and hit up every single relative within a two hour driving radius.  Lucky for us we coordinated our trip with Kelly (who blogged about it much more timely than me here and here) and we got to love on new baby Asher for a couple of days. 

First stop was the Overland Park Arboretum.  Can you find James in this picture?

bink
Learning about crab apples
no bink
 

The next day we got back in the car (theme for the week) and drove to Oswego to visit my grandma.  Such a bittersweet trip as she has now moved out of this house.  She and my grandpa lived in it for (close to) two decades together (for as long as I can remember), and she has lived alone for the last 14 years since my grandpa passed away.  At almost 93 she was finally talked into moving into an apartment.  There are many years of memories that I have in that house, so I'm glad that James (and Tessa) were able to hopefully make a few of their own. 
 
 
    wrestlemania
 
two teeth
 good baby
bad baby

A trip to KC would not be complete without a trip to the Deanna Rose Farmstead!
 Tessa loves chasing geese (any bird).  There was a lot of this
 
 
 She is totally freezing here.  It was so cold this day that I had to go buy us all extra clothing!
 Pretty sure these were around when I was this age
 Asher was the only one who was warm

We said goodbye to the McMillans and headed West for the Coleman portion of our trip.  First was a stop to further brainwash my children that they are JAYHAWKS and not Wildcats.  I am happy to report that it is working thus far.  
TOKEN MOMMY PICTURE!

We met up with Jayne, Laura and Ayana for lunch at Free State and then went to the Natural History Museum.  

We finished our trip in Valley Falls and were able to meet Rowan, who was born about 6 week before Claire.  Hilarious group photos of the Coleman grandkids - captions welcome.
Dueling play tables
 "You are a crazy lady"
 "Whah?" 
"You've got to be kidding me" 
"You can't pay me enough to take this thumb out of my mouth" 
"Is it over yet?"
"Okay, I'll give you a smile, but I am off this couch in 2 seconds"
"Seriously, get me out of here"
"You got me to take my thumb out, but no way do you get a smile"
"Could I be smiling any more fake right now?"

And I leave you with this.  James is now taking appointments.  

We spent the rest of September recovering from spending 30 hours in the car with one another.

1 comment:

Sheryl/Mom/Grandma said...

These are great pictures. Glad the kids will have some memories of Oswego!