Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Favorites

1. Claire's first month, and watching her grow from this:
 to this:

2. The weather; we had 16 days with temps 40 degrees or warmer, including 5 days with temps over 50!  We were able to get out for a lot of walks!

3. Diet Coke; I gave up caffeine for virtually the entire pregnancy, but had no problem jumping back on the diet crack wagon.

4. The Itzbeen timer; it makes it a no-brainer to remember which side I nursed on last and how long it has been since she last ate without having to write it down.

5. James' Winter Gala; 4 year olds dressed up as snowmen and singing and dancing?  Love it!


Untitled from Katie Coleman on Vimeo.

6. Baby smiles

7. Baby cuddles



8. Mad Men; I watched all four seasons this month.  What can I say, I had a lot of time to kill during feedings!  I can't wait for season 5 to start in March!


9. Play Doh


10. Fresh flowers and dinner from friends; we have eaten well this month and I haven't had to cook!

11. My mom; for taking almost three weeks off work to spend with us: cooking, taking James into school in the single digit temps, joining in on my Mad Men marathons, getting me out of the house and taking walks with us, and loving on Claire.  Everything is always better with your mom around!

12. Family; we loved having you here to meet Claire!

January fails:
1. Not having a picture of me and my daughter
2. The original version of this blog post blowing up on me and not publishing (that I worked on for like two hours one night), and having to start all over!

1 comment:

Sheryl/Mom/Grandma said...

Sorry that you had to create this post twice, but am so glad you did. Wonderful memories of spending our time together. Little Claire is so precious. I finally get to see James' Winter Gala, very cute.