Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Three Weeks

And all of a sudden she's three weeks old.  It's amazing how much time is taken up by doing not a whole lot during the day now; sleeping, eating, cuddling.  And while she's doing that I am usually found catching up on Mad Men (I'm almost done with season 3 - I love Netflix).  If I'm lucky I can get an hour of "play" time with Claire in the morning and afternoon, but a lot of days I only get one.  And I have set the goal to get the rest of the boxes unpacked from when we moved, almost two years ago, by the end of my leave in March. 

Claire is still a rock star sleeper, going between 4 and 6 hours between feedings at night.  She hates to be cold, so that means diaper changes and baths are usually accompanied by wicked screaming, but that is really the only time she cries.  She packed on almost 1.5 pounds since she came home from the hospital and weighed 8 lbs 2 oz on Monday when she went to the doctor for her 2 week check-up.  Her eyes are becoming more and more blue each day, and she is starting to make adorable little baby coos, especially when she is dreaming.  I take great satisfaction in the milk-coma grins I get out of her after a good feeding. 
James is a big proponent of tummy time.  He makes sure she is getting her exercises in! 

No comments: