Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lightsaber Gang

James has been pulling the "I'm scared" bit at bedtime for the past few months.  We have to check for bad guys (behind the bed, under the bed, on top of the bed, in the closet) and still he will frequently come downstairs after we think he is asleep saying he is "scared".  I'm pretty sure this is just 3.5 year old game playing to delay going to sleep.  The kid hasn't napped at home in almost a year and can easily wake up at 6 AM even if he went to bed at 9 PM the night before.  He has way more energy in the morning than I can muster all day sometimes (which I think is just cruel to do to parents who are NOT morning people). 

But the last two three nights I've put him to bed, he has stayed there.  I make a HUGE deal out of this, and told him this morning that if he can make it the rest of the week I'd buy him a lightsaber (because being a "lightsaber guy" is the cool thing this week, along with Batman and Robin, Wolverine and Spiderman).  He then informed me that he needed to have 5 lightsabers so all his friends could come over to play. 

So if you see a gang of 3 to 5 year olds wielding lightsabers, you'll know I caved.

No comments: