1. We're still here. We've just been a little busy...
2. Ripping out carpet, installing new carpet. Scraping walls, sanding walls, painting trim, painting walls. Ripping out a kitchen, painting the cabinets, and then putting it all back together again. Gutting a bathroom, moving walls, moving plumbing, moving electrical, and then putting it all back together again.
3. To be completely honest, we haven't done it all ourselves. We've hired a few guys to help with the construction, plumbing and electrical.
4. And my dad was here for over two weeks helping, free of charge. We worked him so hard that he ended up getting an ulcer and a sinus infection when he got back to KC. Okay, I have no idea if all are related, but we worked him REALLY hard. And I (and Chris) will be forever grateful. His work is all over this house, and not a day goes by that I don't think about that.
5. And then Chris went to KC, we all went to KC, and I went to the West Coast for a week. It is HARD to get anything done when a) you both have full time jobs and b) when there is a two year old in the house!
6. In between feeling like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and the other roller coaster of emotions that comes with renovating and moving into a new home (with a 2.5 year old no less), we've made a lot of progress.
7. Family Room8. Half Bath
9. But there is still a LONG way to go! We've made a ton of progress in the last week/two weekends, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep the 'ol blog updated as we continue to make progress.
10. And a funny picture from our trip to KC. This is for you, Mom and Dad!