1. My little baby is turning into a little boy before my eyes. His soft baby skin and fine baby hair isn't so baby-like any more. His knees and elbows are getting all rough from all that crawling.
2. About that crawling...he's EVERYWHERE! He makes a bee line for any cords, the water bowl, Sydney's food, and the dog crate. He's also a big fan of crawling over your legs and pulling the dish towel off the oven door.
3. He's becoming a lot more vocal. The newest sound is "babababa". I'm pushing real hard for "mama", but he just laughs at me every time I say it.
4. He fights sleep (unless he falls asleep in the car or your arms). We're working on not having to be rocked to sleep, and it is exhausting for all involved...except for James. And last night, he decided that a few hours of awake time was needed at 1 AM.
5. He's got eight teeth, one for each month.
6. He can high-five and clap. Although we think he's got his wires crossed a little as he claps when he's mad as well as happy.
7. He's our little fishy. He is the only kid that doesn't cry at swim lessons (has never made a peep) or fight "swimming" on his back. And he takes going under the water like a champ.
8. He has a great laugh, especially when you tickle him. It's this little boy laugh, but big and full at the same time. It is my favorite sound in the entire world.
A co-worker said to me that the days are long, but the years are short. I couldn't agree more. I can't believe my little guy is already 8 months old!