Thursday, May 8, 2008

Here's the thing about blogs...

They provide you a look into stranger's lives. I found this blog via another site I visit (DecorPad). It's about Matt, and his daughter Madeline. But the thing is, Madeline's mom, Liz, died a mere 27 hours after giving birth. I spent two hours last night reading every single entry that Matt has made over the past two months. Believe me, once you start, you'll be sucked in like I was. He has a unique style of writing, and takes wonderful photos. I just can't help but think what a hard road he has in front of him. I can't imagine raising James on my own. And Chris really can't! And I don't think little Madeline will appreciate and understand all that her dad is taking on, until she has a child of her own many, many years from now. Check out his site, it is heartbreaking and inspiring all at the same time. http://www.mattlogelin.com/

So I guess with Mother's Day on Sunday, take a little time and give thanks to your mom. And if you know someone who doesn't have a mom to give thanks to, maybe give a little thanks to them as well. This day really brings a whole new meaning once you've joined the ranks. Thanks, Mom.

No comments: