Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Half Birthday (Updated)

James is six months old today. How is he possibly six months old already? Chris commented tonight that James takes up his entire chest when he lays on it. Remember when he looked like this? So little, so cute, so cuddly. Well, he's still cute and will have his moments of being cuddly (especially with the mom). I am happy (and proud) to report that I am still nursing. Go me! At this point I am really too lazy to switch to formula (as it is hard enough having to remember to bring a stocked diaper bag, let alone bottles, which he will only take warm). My initial goal was to make it 6 months. At this point I think I'll shoot for 9 months. Don't worry, he won't be one of those kids at the age of three lifting up his mom's shirt to eat : ) He has loved eating whatever we put in his mouth, including peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, applesauce and bananas. We go to the pediatrician tomorrow, so I'll post an update with all the stats after we get home. We're also having 6 month pictures taken next weekend with a new photographer. I can't wait! Other fun stuff planned for next month includes swim lessons, I'm taking a photography class, and the Coleman's are coming for a visit over Father's Day weekend.

Update: Okay, here are his stats for this month. James is weighing in at 16 lbs (!) and he's 27 3/4 inches. He's gained a little over 2 lbs. since the last appointment, and I think his growth has finally slowed down a bit as he only grew 3/4 inch this time around. Looks like we can put off buying that next car seat for another month or two.

No comments: