Monday, November 5, 2007

The Music of the Night


So yesterday afternoon Chris and I went to see Phantom of the Opera downtown. This is probably my favorite musical of all time. The music literally brings me to tears it is so moving, and it holds many memorable hours of Mom, Kelly and me playing the soundtrack on the weekends while cleaning the house, in the car, or really just all the time. I can "sing" along to pretty much the entire show. I haven't seen the production since I was in high school, so when I heard that it was coming to Chicago for a limited engagement through January, I told Chris I REALLY wanted to go before Baby C arrived. I don't think that Chris enjoyed it as much as I did or as much as the other shows we have seen (The Lion King, Wicked and Spamalot), but I appreciate him tagging along and doing something nice for his wife (who is also carrying around an undisclosed number of extra pounds and will be shortly giving birth to his first child).

After the show we walked over to a fantastic dinner (and dessert...carrot cake, my favorite) at Petterino's in the Theatre District. Going to the 2:00 show and dinner afterwards is a great way to do theatre in Chicago. If you are planning to be in Chicago at any time the next few months, maybe make Phantom part of your trip!

No comments: